|Revision as of 16:19, 9 December 2011 (edit)
Acampbell (Talk | contribs)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 15:04, 12 December 2011 (edit) (undo)
Acampbell (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
| |||- valign="top" || |||- valign="top" |
| ||| ORG-1739|| ||| ORG-1739|
|-||| |Using negative value to Trim from right size of the File Name |+||| negative value to Trim from of |
| ||| || ||| |
|-||* |Currently in Import ASCII and other imports, under the "(Re)Naming Worksheet and Workbook " branch, we can enter a positive value or zero in "Trim Filename To " edit box. |+||* in Import ASCIIand other imports, under the (Re)Naming and Workbookbranch, enter a positive value or in Trim Filename Toedit box. have a mechanism from the end of file name .g.to trim extension when renaming worksheet. negative from right.|
|-|* However, now we don't have a mechanism to trim from the end of file name . E.g. user may want to trim extension part of file name when renaming worksheet. |+||For abcd.txt, specify |
|-|* Now we support negative value in 8.6 to trim from right. E.g. For file "abcd.txt ", if we specify |+||Trim Filename From: 1|
|-|** Trim Filename From: 1 |+||Trim Filename To: -4|
|-|** Trim Filename To: -4 |+||abcd.|
|-|* We can get "abcd ". |+|| |
| |||- valign="top" || |||- valign="top" |
| ||| ORG-2642|| ||| ORG-2642|
|| Vertical Cursor
|| This gadget is used to read the X and Y coordinate values for the data points on the stacked panel plots crossed by the vertical cursor.
|| Quick Sigmoidal Fit
|| This gadget allows use of nonlinear regression with a sigmoidal function to fit the selected dataset on graph. It is an adaptation of the Fit Sigmoidal tool in Origin 7.5, but with more advanced controls.
|| Curve Intersection Gadget
|| This gadget is used to calculate the intersection points of the input curves in the ROI box.
|| Improvements in Integration Gadget
- Simplify the tabs in the Integration gadget dialog.
- Ouput Integrated Curve and Baseline curve data.
- Create baseline based on Full Plot Range/Curve Within ROI rectangle.
|| Calculate Standard Error for Derived Parameters in Quick Fit and Quick Sigmoidal Fit
|| Standard Error for Derived Parameters calculated and shown in report.
|| Radar Chart
|| Radar Chart is also known as Spider Chart, Star Chart.
|| Parametric Function Plot
|| Origin can plot 2D Function plot, 2D Parametric Function Plot and 3D Function Plot.
- Use a set of parametric equations to express the relation of X and Y.
- Specify number of data points and range of parameter.
- Built-in functions can be quoted in the parameter equations.
- Use LabTalk script to define the constants before running formula script.
- Output the data of 2D Parametric and 3D function plots to worksheet and matrix.
- Save function plot settings as a theme for future use.
- Modify function plot in Plot Details dialog, then copy settings and use when creating new function plot.
|| Improvements in Add Error Bars dialog
- Add Standard Deviation Data with different scaling factors.
- Add Square root of Data as error bars.
- Auto updates of error bars if source data changes.
- Edit error bars in Set Column Values dialog.
|| New rescale tool to drag plot and update axis range.
|| New Recale button on Tools toolbar.
- Select rescale tool and cursor becomes hand. Use hand to drag the plot, and X, Y axis ranges change. Use mouse wheel for horizontal scaling, or hold Shift while using mouse wheel for scaling along on Y axis.
- Z (Zoom) and X(Pan) are the hotkeys for this tool, will work with drag, mouse wheel, arrow keys.
- Press Shift and hotkey to switch movement to Y axis.
|| System variable @LCA added to control shape of tick marks
|| The major and minor tick marks were rounded at their ends and had no sharp edges. Users may want the tick marks as squared-off rectangular bars. @LCA is added. 0 - Round (default), 1 - Square, 2 - Flat.
|| Show Fill Area information in legend for Line plot
|| Legend of line plot did not show fill area information in older versions.
|| Arbitrary Line Profile
|| Support Arbitrary line profile in Image Profile
|| Fitting with Integral
- User friendly GUI to define Integral Fitting Function step by step in Fitting Function Builder.
- Simulate Curve supports integral function
- Fitting with integral function in NLFit
|| NLFit: Independent Fit Improvements
- When doing independent fit on multiple datasets, there was no way to select a single dataset to fit by 1 Iteration or Iteration till Converged, and see the result for just that data.
- This is especially useful for user-defined functions without parameter initialization code. Users may want to fit one dataset first, and then make sure parameters are good, or adjust parameters, then use them for all other datasets.
|| NLFit: Columns on Parameters/Bounds tab can be dragged to change order
|| Origin now supports dragging columns to change order.
|| NLFit: Calculate Standard Error for Derived Parameters
|| Standard Error for Derived Parameters is now calculated and shows in result sheet.
|| Bring back Linear Fit with X Error
|| This was hidden in 8.5.1 as the result was not accurate for some datasets.
- Ripley Method still hidden in GUI.
- Update York with 2003 algorithm. (Previously used York 1966 algorithm.)
- Hide the Errors as Weight node for all 3 methods.
- Add an editbox node, labeled with "Correlation Between X and Y Errors" with values fall in [0,1].
| ORG-738, ORG-2156, ORG-3499, ORG-1750
|| Specify X Data range's From and To by X values
|| User could only specify X range by row numbers in the past.
- Syntax for Row Range Specified by X Values is [BookName]SheetName!ColName[x4.5:17.89]
- In NLFit, PA, etc., dialog that supports XYRange input, user can specify X range by number number and by X values.
- User can apply such row range/X range to other data during the analysis.
- Save X/Row Range in dialog theme.
|| Speed improvements on LabTalk Script-Based Fitting Function
|| In 8.5.1, using LT-based fitting function was slow. Improved in 8.6.
|| Principal Component Analysis
|| OriginPro only feature
| ORG-2699, ORG-2700
|| Hierarchical, K-Means Cluster Analysis
|| OriginPro only feature
|| Discriminant, Canonical Discriminant Analysis
|| OriginPro only feature
|| Improvements in Normality Tests
|| OriginPro only feature
- Support Group in Normality Test.
- Improved format in output.
- Support more methods.
|| Output Statistics on Columns quantities to a flat worksheet
- Results for stat on columns were previously put into a "report sheet". This type of report was not convenient to use for further analysis.
- "Quantities" node has been added to Output Settings node. User may now output quantities to a flat worksheet.
|| Further Improvement of ROC Curve
- Test Direction radio buttons added for ROC curve, which has two options
- Positive vs. High: Larger test measurement values indicate more positive test
- Positive vs. Low: Smaller test measurement values indicate more positive test
- Cut off value added for ROC Values
|| Support Raw and Indexed data form in Frequency Counts and Discrete Frequency
- Support frequency count on multiple data. User can choose Input Data form as Raw and select multiple columns as input data.
- For customer with grouping information in one column and data in another column, user can set Input Data Form as Indexed, and specify grouping and data range.
|| Support Raw and Indexed data form in all Nonparametric Tests
|| Distribution Curve Improvements for Histogram and Frequency Counts.
- Histogram: Weibull Distribution Curve is supported.
- Add Checkbox to Scale to % of Tallest bar.
- Output Distribution Curve data to Bin worksheet.
|| Auto adjust column width after importing
|| This control is hidden in GUI. After importing data, Origin will auto adjust column width so that user can see the data contents.
|| Use negative value to Trim from end of file name
- Previously, in Import ASCII (and other imports), under the (Re)Naming Worksheets and Workbook branch, users could enter a positive value or 0 in Trim Filename To edit box. Origin did not have a mechanism for trimming from the end of the file name (e.g., to trim extension when renaming worksheet). Origin now supports negative values for trimming filenames from the right.
- For example, for filename abcd.txt, specify the following:
- Trim Filename From: 1
- Trim Filename To: -4
- Filename is trimmed to abcd.
|| Import File Structure Framework
- This new feature allows user to import file with just meta-data and file info first, and import data further. With this control, user will achieve a better import performance for big data files.
- In 8.6, this control is available for following data formats.
- ETAS INCA MDF (DAT, MDF)
- NI TDM (TDM, TDMS)
- HDF5 (H5, HE5, HDF5)
- This control can be accessed under Import Options branch on the GUI.
- After import file with Structure only, user can highlight columns or active workbook, and then run "reimport sel := 1;" in Command Window for partial import data. User can also select menu File: Re-Import Directly to import all data directly.
|| Save <last used> filter when import wizard is used
- When using Import Wizard to import data, we should save a <last used> filter even user doesn't check Save filter checkbox on the past page.
- And when next time user opens Import wizard, user can pick <last used> filter from Applicable filter dropdown list
|| Filter dropdown list to exclude unnecessary variables
|| Variables are extracted by Specify delimiter and wizard scans for variable names and values option in Import wizard, there are many unnecessary L1V1, L1V2, etc. variables extracted by delimitor of each line. Filter dropdown list is added on Header Variables page so user can exclude such variables.
|| New option Start new hidden workbook in Non-numeric data in a numeric field dropdown list
|| On Data Columns, add Start new hidden workbook option for Non-numeric data in a numeric field dropdown list. This also applies to Import ASCII dialog.
|| Improvements on Space Delimitor
|| This also applies to Import ASCII dialog.
- On Data Selection page, the meaning of "Space" delimiter is ambiguous, which contains single space, multiple spaces and TAB for various cases. Renamed it as Space/TAB checkbox now.
- Added another checkbox Space for single Space delimitor.
|| Navigate worksheets dialog
|| Navigate... context menu is added when right clicking on sheet tab. A dialog opens for user to.
- find and activate a sheet
- Sort sheets by name, size, column size, type, etc.
- move, copy, drag, clear data and delete selected sheets.
|| Add comments to a sheet
- Comment... context menu when right clicking Sheet tab to edit comment.
- Show worksheet comment as Tooltip when mousing over sheet name.
- Some analysis info. is put as output Worksheet's comment.
|| Worksheet: Split Worksheet... menu
|| Split a worksheet into multiple worksheets by
- Number of Columns
- Number of Rows
- Column Label information. When using this method, the new worksheet will be named after the label information.
|| Support Hide/Unhide context menu for label rows in worksheet
- Right click a label row to hide it. A dark gridline will show in label rows around it.
- Double click the dark gridline to unhide label row.
|| Add "Prefer Long Name" checkbox in Set Column Values dialog
|| The checkbox shows under Col(A) menu in Set Column Values dialog. If it's checked, when inserting columns in formula, long name will be used. Otherwise, it will use short name in formula.
|| Add more functions in F(X) of Set Column/Matrix Values dialog.
- Real2Complex(dReal, dImag) to convert into a complex number. e.g. Real2Complex(1, 2)=1+2i
- Imabs(cX) to get the modulus of a complex. e.g. imabs(3+4i)=5
- Imaginary(cX), ImReal(cX) to get the imaginary and real part of a complex. e.g. Imaginary(3+4i)=4
- Imargument(cX) to get the argument (theta) of a complex. e.g. Imargument(1+i)=pi/4
- Imconjugate(cX) to get the conjugate of a complex. e.g. Imconjugate(3+4i)=3-4i
- Imcos(cX), Imexp(cX), Imln(cX), Imlog10(cX), Imlog2(cX), Imsqrt(cX), Imsin(cX), to get the cos, exp, ln, log10, log2, sqrt, sin of a complex.
- Imdiv(cY1, cY2), Improduct(cY1, cY2), ImSub(cY1, cY2), ImSum(cY1, cY2), ImPower(cX, n) to calculate the operation on complex.
- Convert between binary number and decimal. Excel has many these functions, for example, Dec2hex(i)$, Dec2hex(100)$=64. These functions may be very useful for some fields.
- Convert units. Excel provides a function to convert units. This simple function may be very useful. It has the form: Convert(x, strUnit1, strUnit2). For example Convert(25, "C", "F")=77 to convert Celsius degrees to Fahrenheit.
- Confidence(alpha, std, size) Return the confidence interval for a population mean.
- Skew(vX), Kurt(vX) Return the skewness and kurtosis of data. Origin supports it in Stats on Columns
- Combine(n1, n2) Return the number of combinations for a given number of items. e.g. combine(4, 2)=6.
- fact(n) Return the factorial of a number. e.g. fact(3)=3*2*1=6
- factdouble(n) Return the double factorial of a number. e.g. factdouble(5)=5*3*1=15
|| Open Set Column/Matrix Values dialog from Column/Matrix Properties dialog and vice versa.
- Open Set Column Value button is added in Column Properties dialog.
- Open Column Properties button is added in Set Column Values dialog.
- Open Set Matrix Values button is added in Matrix Properties dialog.
- Open Matrix Properties button is added in Set Matrix Values dialog.
|| Support modify properties of multiple embedded graphs together
|| wcellgraph x-function is added.
- Run "wcellgraph -d" in Script window to modify properties together.
|| 64 bit NAG C Library, Mark 9 support
|| Update NAG library to 64-bit and Mark 9
|| Make X-Function TwoDBinning be script accessible
|| It's only accessible from GUI before 8.6.
|| Improve Plotxy for creating graph from custom templates
|| The following works:
plotxy (?,1:end) o:=[<new template:=myTest>] p:=230
but the symbol size argument's default of 9 will override what is saved in the template. So size:=-1 is added to support using template's symbol size to plot graph.
|| Integral function is renamed to Integrate
|| Under F(X):Math: menu in Set Column Values dialog, Integral function is renamed to Integrate.
|| Add more PDF functions to LabTalk to match those in Histogram Distribution Curves.
|| They also accessible from Set Column Values dialog. Functions added are:
|| Labtalk function should support default argument type to be double
|| So following two syntaxes are equal.
- Function double MyInte(t, Arg 1, Arg2, Arg3, Arg4, Arg 5, ..., ArgN)
- Function double MyInte(double t, double Arg 1, double Arg2, double Arg3, double Arg4, double Arg 5, ..., double ArgN)
|| LT access to Short Name for row index
|| Letter "G" is reserved to denote Short Name when accessing row index. E.g. the following code can set/get first column's short name.|
|| Wildcard is supported in LT command delete -vs
|| Delete -vs deletes the specified global/project string variable. Now suorts wildcard.
|| Using X to define range in XYRange
|| The default value of type.redirection is changed to 32768 from 5.
|| Redesign of File: New: submenus and dialogs
- File: New: Worksheet... menu to create new worksheet. There are two ways to create worksheet. One is by specifing column designation. The other is by setting replicate sets.
- File: New: Matrix... menu to create new matrix sheet.
- File: New: From Template to open new worksheet, matrix or graph from existing templates (OTW, OTM, OTP), including analysis template (OGW).
|| Customize File: Import: menu
|| User can specify what import types and import themes to show in File: Import: Customize menu.
|| Auto-hide dockable windows
- Project Explorer, Quick Help, Results Log, etc. are all dockable.
- By default Project Explorer and Quick Help windows are docked on the left panel and set Auto-hide on.
|| A new message window to place analysis output info.
- Most types of messages, Info/Result/Error etc. which was sent to Script Window/Command Window will be switched to the new window.
- It's docked on left panel of Origin workspace, similar to Project Explorer and Quick Help.
|| System Path tab in Tools: Options dialog
- Displays all important system paths.
- User Files Folder (changable)
- AutoSave path (changable)
- Application Data folder (read-only)
- Program Folder (read-only)
- Group Folder (changable)
- License (read-only)
- Change/Reset User Files Folder, AutoSave path, or Group Folder.
|| Set Origin startup window size
|| ShowState in [Config] section of Origin.ini file
- ShowState=0 -- Start Origin with hidden window
- ShowState=1 -- Start Origin with normal window
- ShowState=2 -- Start Origin with minimized window
- ShowState=3 -- Start Origin with maximized window