ReleaseNotes:Features that were changed in SR3
From OriginLab Wiki
Please see this updated page instead: Features changed/added in SR3 + SR4
- In Plot Setup dialog
- In middle panel. Add a two-levels popup context menu to control which column items to show
- Add more informative items of a column into the middle panel. Such as Sampling Interval\ Comments\ Units\ Parameter\
- Change Row# to <autoX> and always shows <autoX> row
- Content in "1st Value" for Row# should always show as <auto> and become not editable
- It shows as [Book]Sheet!<autoX>(X), B(Y) when a plot is using the Y column's sampling interval as X
- Add 'Convert to XYZ' to Worksheet menu
- "Percentile with Averaging" is checked by default in Graph tab of Options dialog
- NetCDF library upgraded to 3.6.2, new 64-bit offset format is workable now, ID = 11386
- Numeric Separator settings in Import wizard in German Origin is 1.000,00 by default
- New hotkey ctrl+4 for re-import implement ID = 11908
- The Allow Import All Text Data check box in Import Single ASCII / Import Multiple ASCII is seelcted by default. So
all ASCII import routines can import text-only ASCII files by defaut.
- Import Single ASCII and Import Multiple ASCII support user-defined template, just like the SPC import feature.
- Add zoom ability (context menu) in preview panel for images, ID=11804
- Labels of Discrete Frequency have been changed as Count, Relative Frequency and Cumulative Frequency, which are
consistent with Frequency Count.
- Turn off missing and masking data table output by default for statistical tools, ID= 12000
 Curve Fitting
- Add Confidence Level as label in the Parameters & Summary table. ID = 11303
- Three varibles are added into NLFit Labtalk Tree. They are Number of Function Parameters(NumFuncParams), Number of
Derived Paramters(NumDerivParams) and Number of Data Sets(NumDataSets). ID = 12017
- Multi-Data Fit Mode node in NLFit always visible in SR3. ID = 11839
- Provide more friendly way to edit user-defined fitting functions in Code Builder. ID = 11810
- General linear constraint for peak analyzer and replica case in NLFit implemented. ID = 11463
- Add Launch Now checkbox on last page of installation which allows you to run Origin with administrator privilege. ID = 11979
- Origin COM support for PE ID = 12033
- Several new properties and methods have been added:
- The Visible property was added to the Application class
- The FindWorksheet, FindGraphLayer and Path methods were added to the Application class.
- The Cols and Rows properties were added to worksheet.
- The Rows property was added to column.
- The Execute method was added to layer and page to allow easy executing of script commands.
- ID = 11636
- Change language add a checkbox for all user.ID = 12080
 Check for Update
- If upate fail, we will provide a log file for this.
 Group Shared
- Published files deleted from Group Folder Manager will be removde from client's folder.
 Short Cut
- Add a short cut for labview vi when install done.
 Help File
- xfname -h will dump contents with more friendly format.
- w2xyz x function