ReleaseNotes:Features that were changed in 8.1 SR2
From OriginLab Wiki
- Update Legend Context menus on graph and legend object to open updatelegend XF. ID = 14945.
- MATLAB color palette file is can be opened in Origin new. ID = 14906.
- Graph object handles is dark green diamond shape. ID = 15015.
 2D Graphs
- The selection of single point/bar/pie-piece has been improvement. ID = 14911.
- Axis scrollbar now provides delete item in the right-click menu. ID = 14788.
- Pareto chart is supported.
 3D Graphs
- Default Fill color setting of 3D Wires and Bars has been changed to use Colormap, instead of increment.
- Change the contour plot line hitting order. ID = 15009.
- A new menu Gadgets between Analysis and Tools is available when graph window is active. ID = 14903.
- Quick Fit
- Other Data Exploration ROI tools which used to be under Analysis: Data Exploration menu.
- A new X-Function, op_change, has been introduced to allow changing parameters of an existing operation.
- Improve Simple Math menu. ID = 14877.
- Add Set Column Values menu under Analysis: Mathematics.
- Add a new X-Function "vmathtool" accessing by Analysis: Mathematics.
- Add a new X-Function "csetvalue" to make Set Values dialog available for both worksheet (column(s), the whole worksheet or part of column(s)) and matrix.
 Data Manipulation
- X-Function levelcrossing now provides option to get cross direction and x index. ID = 14661.
- X-Function wxt now supports masking rows. ID = 14731.
- Add an option to "wrcopy" X-Function to allow the user transposes the data while copying. ID = 14800.
- The report sheet of the Compare Models tool has been improved to make the conclusion much clearer. ID = 14890.
- Done button is added to the NLFit dialog to create report directly without any iteration. ID = 14948.
- Message tab is active when an error occurs. ID = 13590.
- Hint text added to Parameters and Bounds tab to help users to know they can right click for more options. ID = 14920.
- Apparent Fit check box in Linear Fit and Polynorial Fit dialog is now checked by default. ID = 14853.
- Add Pearson's r in Linear Fit output report. ID = 10948.
- Add Quick Fitting features under Gadgets menu. ID = 14832.
 Peaks and Baseline
- Batch Peak Analysis tool now provides an option to add fit statistics in report. ID = 14733.
- Add right-click context menu in Peak Analyzer block rectangle to specify exact x scale when doing integration peaks. ID = 14737.
- In Peak Analyzer dialog, fixed status and fixed value can be saved in theme separately. ID = 14859.
- Add a new method for graphical object to get all graphic objects connected. ID = 14916.
- Add an option for "run –e" to wait its command finished. ID = 14891.
- Date and Time Picker control is now available in GetN dialog. ID = 14641.
- Add LabTalk function, movslope, to calculate the moving slope at each point with a window width of nPt and (nPt-1)/2 points on either side of the point. ID = 14596.
- Add LabTalk function, rms, to calculate the root mean square of a vector. ID = 14596.
- Add option in layer.cmap.save() method to save both color and z values as a *.cmap file. ID = 14833.
- Reset the option, oblect.revvideo to make object's color doesn't change when it is selected. ID = 14925.
- @V will show the build number. ID = 14933.
- Old LabTalk functions like max(), etc, can handle masked data. ID = 14962.
- The "layer -o" can be used to execute (operate) the specified script for the specified layer. ID = 15020.
- sourceObject.Connect() method will not redraw unselectable graph object when it connects to another one. ID = 15025.
- New notation, %(1@W,@WF1,variables.name) , to access imported file info on graph legend. ID = 14745.
- LabTalk can now access the covariance and correlation matrices for NLFit object. ID = 14738.
- Add a new X-Function mks to access data indeces of Data Markers. ID = 11561.
 Origin C
- X-Function now provides option string to set output Range to the same worksheet/workbook as specified input. ID = 14938.
- Ability to lock book, sheet name from editing in OC. ID = 15068.
- New syntax to access fitting functions directly. Such as:
1. nlfxName, or nlf_Name(x, p1, p2, ...pn);
2. nlfName(x, vecPs, n);
ID = 14978.
- Surface Grid Lines Skipping X/Y now can be accessible using theme tree. ID = 15155.
- ADODB on MySQL and using PutPrecordset() now allow setting code page. ID = 15083.
- Origin now provides the Remove Link menu item when right clicking on a range of cells to remove cell link relationship while retain the literal data values. ID = 14840.
- Column Info. tab replaces User Tree tab in Column Properties dialog. File info specific to column level is placed in Imported Files node there. ID = 15063.
- Add DataPlot::SetColormap method to setup label color and font. ID = 14810.
- Theme Editor should not be visible to user. ID = 15124
- 0 as row/column in Go To dialog will go to last data in worksheet. ID = 14736.
- Support file generated date/time in Famos Import. ID = 14858.
- Improve custom properties for TDM files. ID = 15050.
- Two Buttons: Slideshow and PowerPoint are created to Right of Print on Standard Toolbar. ID = 15039
- Results Log docks on right side by default if turning it on.
- Add Position dropdown list in Custom Menu Organizer dialog for user to specify where to add the custom menu.
- Drag and drop Custom menu file into origin, it will be used immediately. ID = 15113.