ReleaseNotes:Bug Newly Fixed in 8.1 SR2
From OriginLab Wiki
- Fixed the bug that causes all the graphs including the hidden graphs printed by selecting the All Open option in the Print dialog. ID = 14868.
- Fixed the inconsistent sorting criteria for window and folder in Project Explorer. ID = 12593.
- Fixed a bug where a graph that has been embedded into a worksheet cell still shows in the workspace. ID = 14865.
- Fixed a bug where inserting a multi-node character into sequence using \ab( ) - Above Bar - or \ad() - Above Dot - resulted in multiple bars or dots. ID = 14824.
- Fixed a bug where Paste Link option was inappropriately available in other application's Paste Special after a Copy Page in Origin when the Origin project had not been saved. ID = 14811.
- JASC color palette file can now be opened by Origin. ID = 13607.
- Fixed a bug in several numeric controls in the Plot Details dialog which failed to recognize ',' as the decimal point in German Operation System. ID = 14770.
- Fixed the bug that Insert Info Variables dialog for graph cannot support multiple plots from multiple worksheets. ID = 14845.
- Fixed the bug that axis break location cannot be moved by dragging break lines. ID = 14991.
- Speed Mode applied to graphic export can be accessible from graph theme. ID = 15044.
- Fixed the bug that Button lost ambiguity zone upon near hit. ID = 15033.
- Show drop-down list of existing themes in the Save Format as Theme dialog. ID = 15101.
- Fixed the bug that GraphObject's event by OGS failed to show the activated worksheet correctly. ID = 15052.
- Fixed the bug that copy page in Layout window containing graph with ROI tool in it led to crash. ID = 15168.
- Fixed the bug that page width and height in Merge Graph did not update when unit was changed. ID = 15144.
 2D Graphs
- Origin no longer crashes when closing the Plot Details dialog box of an X Y Error graph. ID = 14866.
- Fixed the bug that ungrouped Histogram did not lead to proper update of all plots. ID = 14493.
- Fixed the bug that float column plots wrong in 8.1. ID = 14917.
- Fixed the bug that contour lines are not selectable in polar contour plot. ID = 15021.
- Fixed the bug that the number of levels for Contour did not work when Scale Type is Log10 rather than Linear. ID = 14987.
- Improved the Contour drawing order. ID = 14986.
- Fixed the bug that Rescale did not work correctly when a graph Layer has multiple datasets with reverse axis. ID = 15073.
- Fixed the bug that failed to add plots or display columns for "Show Columns with Common LongNames" when LongName is empty. ID = 14754.
- Fixed the bug that Auto-designated plotting doesn't work for X, xEr, Y, yEr, X, xEr, Y, yEr order. ID = 15098
- Fixed the bug that failed to add labels to Ternary. ID = 14121.
- Fixed the bug that changing scale type to LOG would make the plot changed. ID = 15093.
- Fixed the bug that the legend of High-Low-Close graph did not show the pattern of dataset. ID = 5424.
 3D Graphs
- Fixed the bug that recalculation led to undesired changes in 3D bar widths. ID = 14710.
- Fixed the bug that "Below Minimum" color scale appeared wrong in 3D Color Map Surface. ID = 13302.
- Fixed the bug that XYY 3D bar chart with custom color would make Origin crash. ID = 15028.
- Fixed the bug that Z scale lost and unrecoverable after using log on X scale of 3D XYZ. ID = 15163.
- Fixed the bug that all the data that are inputs of any operations are wiped out when saving as analysis template. ID = 14781.
- Fixed the bug that failure to move locked column in Output sheet. ID = 14953.
- Fixed the bug that set <input> as Output did not clear the source data range by default. ID = 14500.
- Fixed the bug that Palette Editor failed to open in Japanese Operating System. ID = 15103.
- Putting output data to locked range will give clear error message now. ID = 14959.
- Fixed the bug that Auto Recalculate did not trigger if input is linked cells. ID = 10985.
- Fixed the bug that function betapdf(), wblpdf() and erfcinv() did not work. ID = 14793.
- Fixed the bug that the results of Simple Math were missing values when no X column is presented in the worksheet. ID = 10921.
- Fixed the bugs about X-Function reflection. ID = 15092.
- When output is a numeric sheet name, X-Function m2w will not creates redundant sheets any more. ID = 14764.
- Fixed the bug that the redundant fitted curve is added to the source graph if the source graph has been embedded in a worksheet. ID = 14860.
- Fixed the bug that the report sheet created by using nlbegin command is in disorder if the Change Parameters option has been used on it. ID = 14819.
- Fixed the bug that Recalculate changed the X data type in fitting. ID = 15016.
- Fixed the bug that neither "," nor "." can work correctly in Fitting Function Organizer's Parameter Settings dialog in Germen version. ID = 14957.
- Fixed the bug that the substitution notation cannot be used in the output report book/sheet name. ID = 14801.
 Peaks and Baseline
- Fixed the bug that peak integration using Peak Analyzer caused crash when zoomed-in. ID = 15085.
- Batch processing failed on Find Specific X/Y sheet. ID = 14814.
- LongName of Fitted Curve Sheet didn't change when fitting function is changed. ID = 14813.
- Batch processing tool should handle existing data with sampling interval. ID = 14851.
- Use expression as 1st argument in max(a,b) function leads to infinite loop. ID = 14804.
- Prevent Cancel button in GetN and xf dialog to dump #Command Error in Script window. ID = 14831.
- Fixed the bug that the layer command causes Origin crash when a worksheet is active. ID = 14947.
- Improve the matrix element access with command %C. ID = 14872.
- Fixed the bug that macro %1 outputting was wrong when defined in button. ID = 14695.
- Added a System Variable to use/ignore vectorization of string dataset argument. ID = 15022.
- Command line to open an OPJ file can use user file path. ID = 15037.
- LabTalk function variable default return type changed from void to int. ID = 14979.
- Keep consistent when pass LabTalk string literal type to Origin C function. ID = 14798.
- Fixed the bug that X-Function wxt would put values and variables into wrong ranges. ID = 14768.
- Fixed the bug that string parameter in X-Function always returned error if input was not a variable. ID = 15060.
- Fixed the bug that Origin crashed when user attempted to set LongName of column on a matrix window in German Operation System. ID = 15139.
 Origin C
- Fixed the bug of the CopyTo function. ID = 14850.
- Arguments specified in LabTalk script can be resolved once dialog opens, and X-Function can output string to a variable. ID = 13627.
- Fixed the bug that graph object failed to set name. ID = 14718.
- Fixed the bug that failed to add curved arrow line graph object by OC. ID = 14834.
- Fixed the bug that import_files() global function failed with "find function error". ID = 15010.
- Fixed the bug that Project::Open() failed to create new project if a project was opened in OC. ID = 14315.
- Fixed the bug that Origin C need to search UFF\OriginC\X-Functions when compile .XFC files . ID = 15118.
- Fixed the crash when using a colon instead of a semicolon at the end of the propery -oc_forum . ID = 15150.
- Fixed the bug that DataRange::GetBookSheet failed if X was <AutoX>. ID = 15157.
- Do stats on column for several hundred columns increase project size dramatically. ID = 14138.
- Updated the dongle driver so that Origin 8-dougle management can run on Windows7. ID = 14758.
- Fixed the bug that Custom Menu Organizer did not show the active menu while opening and the main menu did not keep the selected menu after editing the dialog. ID = 14794.
- Fixed the bug that OPJ cannot be opened in Japanese folder name in Vista/Win7 Operation System. ID = 14999.
- Fixed the bug that Fly-out menu for data selection did not follow legend when legend was set to User Parameter etc. mode. ID = 15069.
- Fixed the bug that optional string Z did not work as document described. ID = 14955.
- Fixed the bug related to opening older file in version 8. ID = 13493.
- Fixed the Origin startup trouble due to setting AppData folder (UFF). ID = 15032.
- Fixed the bug that failed to open .xlsx as Excel in Origin. ID = 11959.
- Fixed the bug that User Files folder default path was set on MAC partition using Parallels rather than on Windows partition. ID = 14958.
- Fixed the bug that "dll -a abf lababf32" failed to load pClamp dll. ID = 14558.
- Resized GetN dialog when there existed multi-lines hint texts. ID = 15079.
- Fixed the bug that copying text associated with scripts and pasting to a worksheet lost the scripts. ID = 15131.
- Comma and dot can be allowed for worksheet name. ID = 14709.
- Fixed the bug that Column Properties setting multiple columns does not work. ID = 14998.
- Tab separated texts can be pasted as individual columns. ID = 15058.
- Operation State should be copied by Duplicate Without Data. ID = 15115.
- Insert variable dialog support Date format data display now. ID = 14970.
- Fixed the bug that user tree failed to update immediately in Workbook Organizer by set_user_info. ID = 15145.
- New Text cells can be stored as id to map. ID = 13127.
 Import/Export Data
- Fixed the bug that failed to import HEKA files from MAC. ID = 15094.
- Fixed the bug that taking a long time to import a binary file. ID = 12203.