Origin 8.5.1 worksheet
From OriginLab Wiki
|Revision as of 06:49, 30 January 2011 (edit)
Snowli (Talk | contribs)
(→Set Values Related LabTalk Improvements)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 07:23, 30 January 2011 (edit) (undo)
Deanna (Talk | contribs)
(→Pivot Table Dialog Improvements)
Next diff →
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
|== Pivot Table Dialog Improvements ==||== Pivot Table Dialog Improvements ==|
|More options are added in Pivot Table dialog.||More options are added in Pivot Table dialog.|
|-||* Support adding extra columns and rows with specified ||+||* Support adding extra columns and rows with specified in Pivot Table.|
|-||* Support ||+||* Support small values in column or row to one column or rows.|
|* Numbers will be sorted in Source Column and Row in Pivot Table||* Numbers will be sorted in Source Column and Row in Pivot Table|
|==Set Values Related LabTalk Improvements==||==Set Values Related LabTalk Improvements==|
Revision as of 07:23, 30 January 2011
Improvement on Column Label Rows
Improvements for meta data support:
- Improved Context menu in Column Label Rows to easily add, insert, and rename user defined parameters
- Added context menu to edit Column label rows
- Added Context menu to append to Long Name
Origin worksheets are now enabled with Excel-style dividers. Grab and move horizontal and/or vertical dividers from the lower-right corner of the worksheet.
Hide/Unhide Columns context menu is added. User can highlight columns and choose Hide/Unhide Columns:Hide context menu to hide them. If there is hidden columns in worksheet, the gridlines for the column header will be thicker than other columns. User can either double click the thicker gridline to unhide one column at a time or highlight columns around the hidden columns and use the Hide/Unhide Columns: Unhide context menu to unhide columns.
We used to bold the column and row headers of the selected cell or range in worksheet. In 8.5.1, the corresponding column and row headers are hilighted as in Excel to make the indication more obvious.
Some bugs related to WYSIWYG printing and exporting of worksheets have been fixed. Objects such as text labels and drawings placed in worksheet now appear in the right place when worksheet is exported or printed.
Stack Columns and Unstack Columns Improvements
Here are changes in Unstack Columns Dialog.
- Add Hint tab in Unstack Columns dialog.
- Support Select Columns from Worksheet for Group Columns node.
- More Options of where to Put Grouping Info. to. In the past, grouping info. can only be put to User-defined parameters, now it can be put to Long Name, Comments, or combine with Data column's long name to make new long name.
- Sort Output Columns by Group Variables or Data to be unstacked. This is for the case of there are multiple columns to be unstacked. E.g. user unstacks two data columns. Ticket Rate and Accident Rate.
The image below is when choosing Sort Output Columns by Data to be unstacked. All Ticket Rate columns are put together in output.
The image below is when choosing Unstack Columns by Group Variables.
Here are changes in Stack Columns Dialog.
- Support specifying multiple Group Identifiers. Each group will be one column in output.
- Support Stack by Rows. With this selected, one row of data will be stacked first and then another row.
- Support Stack into subgroups. This isn't done yet. We want to use Group Identifier to divide into sub groups.
Pivot Table Dialog Improvements
More options are added in Pivot Table dialog.
- Support adding extra columns and rows with specified settings in Pivot Table.
- Support combining small values in column or row to one column or rows.
- Numbers will be sorted in Source Column and Row in Pivot Table
Set Values Related LabTalk Improvements
Support to define LabTalk function in the Before Formula Scripts box.
Below image shows how to change the fractions in col(A) to numeric by defining LabTalk function in Before Formula Scripts.