Origin 8.5.1 Gadgets
From OriginLab Wiki
 Cluster Gadget
Origin includes a Cluster Gadget similar to the Cluster Toolavailable on the OriginLab File Exchange.
 Quick Peaks Gadget
The Quick Peaks gadget is available from the Gadgets menu when a graph window is active.
This gadget can be used to just pick peaks, or to pick and integrate peaks. (Note: The Integrate gadget does not detect peaks; it only integrates all data inside ROI.)
The Quick Peaks gadget features:
- Multiple methods for detecting and defining a baseline.
- Ability to define a baseline for data within ROI or for an entire dataset, including data outside of ROI.
- Multiple methods for finding peaks.
- Support for output of over 15 selectable peak parameters, including peak locations in x/y, area, and centroid.
- Fit Peaks context menu for performing a multi-peak fit after peak detection.
 Statistics Gadget
- Specify where to display mean and SD values inside the ROI box:
- Generate statistics on multiple datasets:
Origin incorporates the popular File Exchange application Digitizer as a floating tool. The Digitizer gadget’s floating dialog box features many convenient buttons with dynamic hints to guide the user.
To launch, click the Digitize Image button on the toolbar (or open from the Tools menu).
Some of the Digitizer gadget's features:
- Image rotation – useful for correcting alignment issues such as those introduced by scanning from a journal.
- Linear or log10 axis type.
- Numeric, Time, or Date axis label type.
- Ability to specify X and Y axis scale using two sets of horizontal and vertical lines.
- Image pan and zoom. Hold down the Z key to manipulate the image view using your mouse.
- Extra X, Y reference lines to help with accurate placement of axis scale definition lines.
- Ability to save Axis and Rotation settings to a file for future use on similar images.
- Ability to digitize multiple traces and save the results to a single worksheet and graph.
- Automatic update of output values when adjusting selected points to correct for position.
- Automatic update of output values when axis scale is adjusted after picking points.
- Ability to add labels to picked points. Click the Set Label button to enter Label Editing mode, then double-click any picked point to add a label. When done setting labels, click the Set Label button again to exit Label Editing mode.
- Access to the resulting worksheet or graph directly from the Digitizer dialog box.
- A convenient Digitizer button on the resulting graph. When the Digitizer dialog box is closed, click the button to reopen it with last-used settings intact.
Digitizer dialog with graph image
Update picked points and their labels by changing the entries in the DigiData output worksheet.