Origin 8.5.1 Analysis and Statistics
From OriginLab Wiki
 Multiple Peak Fit Tool
The Multiple Peak Fit tool allows users to perform quick fitting of multiple peak data.
To launch this tool, select Analysis from the main menu, then point to Peaks and Baseline…, and then click Multiple Peak Fit….
- The Multiple Peak Fit tool dialog box offers a complete list of peak functions from which to select.
- After selecting a function and closing the dialog box, double-click on the plot to pick the desired number of peaks and their approximate positions.
- When done selecting peaks, select Fit to fit data with no further user interaction.
- Alternatively, select NLFit to open the NLFit dialog box to the Parameters tab, where you can further control parameters before fitting.
- The Multiple Peak Fit tool generates an NLFit report. The number of replicas is set using the information provided by the user.
- Reopen the NLFit dialog at any time to make further changes to the fitting.
Note: For advanced multi-peak fitting, including baseline detection and subtraction, use the Peak Analyzer with the Fit Peaks goal.
 Surface Fitting with Multiple Peaks
Surface data in matrix or XYZ form can be fit with multiple peaks using the Number of Replicas setting in the NLFit dialog box. To access the Number of Replicas setting, open the NLFit dialog box, select the Settings tab, and click on Advanced in the upper left panel. Select a Number of Replicas from the menu in the right panel and continue the fitting process as usual.
This image shows two peaks being fit using the 2D Gaussian function:
- The Fit X/Y and Find Z controls can be found on the Settings tab of the NLFit dialog box.
- Parameter data can be entered in date and time formats on the Parameters tab.
- The Parameter tab includes a Data Range column for indicating the data to which the parameter applies.
- The Michaelis-Menten function is included as a built-in function in the Growth/Sigmoidal and Pharmacology categories.
- Compute FWHM for these peak functions: Lorentz, Laplace, Logistpk, and Voigt.
- Select Change Parameter from the shortcut menu to open the NLFit Settings tab.