Moving the FLEX Server
From OriginLab Wiki
--- This FAQ is under construction ---
Go back to Concurrent Network Packages
1) Install a FLEXnet server on the new machine.
2) Notify OriginLab that you need to move the FLEXnet server to a different machine, so we can make another license file available to you.
3) Obtain the new license file for the new machine from theOriginLab Website
4) Set up and start the FLEXnet service on the new machine.
5) Stop the old FLEXnet service.
6) Have all Origin users connect Origin to the new FLEXnet service. This can be done by restarting Origin on each machine, and entering the new FLEXnet server host name or IP address in the License Information dialog. Or you can do this process on one machine, and then take a copy of the Use_Server.lic in that machine's Origin \FLEXlm\ folder, and push it out to the Origin \FLEXlm\ folder on all the other machines, over-writing the previous file.
The Group Folder Option to Move the FLEX ServerAll Concurrent Network members must have a connection to the FLEXnet license server. If you need to install and set up a FLEXnet license server on a different machine, the Group Folder Feature provides an easy mechanism to update all the group members with the new FLEXnet server.
After you set up the replacement FLEXnet server and have the service running successfully, then you can edit the Use_Server.lic file located in your Origin group leader's <Origin> \FLEXlm\ folder.
This file will typically have the following text, assuming the FLEXnet server is <FLEXnet server>
SERVER <FLEXnet server> ANY
A 3-Server Redundant FLEXnet server is also supported, for example if we have three servers <one>, <two>, <three>, and ports 12345, 23456, 34567, the Use_Server.lic file looks like:
SERVER <one> ANY 12345
SERVER <two> ANY 23456
SERVER <three> ANY 34567
Once this change is made and the Origin group leader is restarted, this file will be automaticaly published to the Group Folder, and the Origin group members will be notified of the change of FLEXnet server with a message "Concurrent license server settings are updated. Click OK to restart".