Moving the FLEX Server
From OriginLab Wiki
Go back to Concurrent Network Packages
Setting up a new FLEX Server
- Install a FLEXnet server on the new machine.
- Notify OriginLab that you need to move the FLEXnet server to a different machine, so we can make another license file available to you. Contact email@example.com
- Obtain the new license file for the new machine from the OriginLab Website.
- Set up and start the FLEXnet service on the new machine.
- Stop the old FLEXnet service.
Connecting the Origins to the new FLEX Server
If you are NOT using the Group Folder Feature
Each user restarts Origin and enters the new FLEX server host name or IP address in the licensing dialog.
Or you can do this process on one machine, and then take a copy of the USE_SERVER.lic in that machine's Origin License folder, and push it out to the Origin License folder on all the other machines, over-writing the previous file. Location:
- Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\OriginLab\85\License\
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 - C:\ProgramData\OriginLab\81\License\
If you ARE using the Group Folder FeatureAfter you set up the replacement FLEXnet server and have the service running successfully, then you can edit the Use_Server.lic file located in your Origin group leader's <Origin> \FLEXlm\ folder.
This file will typically have the following text, assuming the FLEXnet server is <FLEXnet server>
SERVER <FLEXnet server> ANY
A 3-Server Redundant FLEXnet server is also supported, for example if we have three servers <one>, <two>, <three>, and ports 12345, 23456, 34567, the Use_Server.lic file looks like:
SERVER <one> ANY 12345
SERVER <two> ANY 23456
SERVER <three> ANY 34567
Once this change is made and the Origin group leader is restarted, this file will be automatically published to the Group Folder, and the Origin group members will be notified of the change of FLEXnet server with a message "Concurrent license server settings are updated. Click OK to restart".