Tutorial:Bar and Scatter Plot with Error Bar
From Howto Wiki
Below graph is made of bar chart and scatter plot.
Minimum Origin Version Required: Origin 8.0 SR0
What will you learn
- How to add a scatter plot to a bar graph
- How to set the Plus and Minus error bar
This tutorial is associated with the 2D and Contour Graphs: Column, Bar：Bar Plot with Errors folder in the 2D and Contour Graphs project (\Samples\2D and Contour Graphs.opj) which can be opened by selecting File: Open Sample Projects： 2D and Contour Graphs from the main menu.
- Active the workbook Book2N, right-click the col(C) to select Set as: Y Error from the context menu.
- Highlight Col(A), col(B) and col(C), select Plot: Column/Bar/Pie: Column from the main menu to plot a column graph with Y error bar.
- Active the graph window, and then select Graph: Exchange X-Y Axes.
- Highlight the col(D) in the worksheet and then active the graph window again. Select Graph: Add Plot to Layer: Scatter from the main menu to add the col(D) as scatter to the column graph.
- Double-click the column graph to open the Plot Details dialog. Set the Color and Pattern options in the Fill group of Pattern Tab as below.
- Select the scatter plot in the left panel, then set the Symbol as below. Then click OK button to close the dialog.
- Active the graph window, hold the Ctrl key and select the first bar to set its pattern as Dense as below from the Style toolbar.
- Delete the legend, then select Graph: New Legend from the main menu to add a new legend for graph.
- Right-click the legend to select Properties from the context menu to open the Objects Properties dialog. Set Background as Black Line. Then edit and move the legend as below.